Business is a world that is incredibly dynamic; constantly and unpredictably changing, so learning about it is an absolute must. Who better to learn from than seasoned experts, and where better to find those experts than at TED.
Here are seven talks that are motivational, innovative and thought-provoking, and of course, are videos that will change the way you think and do business.
- ‘Why the best hire might not have the perfect resume’Regina Hartley is a HR manager at UPS so she knows her stuff. Hartley will undoubtedly, even if only slightly, change the way you hire. She’ll make you double-take the flashy resume with a critical eye and seriously consider the underdog. “Choose the underestimated contender, whose secret weapons are passion and purpose,” she says. “Hire the Scrapper.” Watch.
- ‘How to find work you love’If you’re considering to do a start-up or hate your job, you have to watch this video. As simply put by the title, Scott Dinsmore will show you how easy it is to find yourself in something you love. Watch.
- ‘How to run a company with (almost) no rules’We’ve heard about those companies that are flexible with their work functionality, but Ricardo Semler takes it to a new level. This video challenges you to reimagine the daily grind, to imagine a job that doesn’t control your life — a life everyone strives for. Here Semler is giving you the tools to implement it, we say use them! Watch.
- ‘How to manage for collective creativity’Let’s face it, creativity is the single most elusive thing in this world, it’s difficult to manage without strangling it. We continually want to ‘unlock creativity’ but without understanding creativity itself, it’s difficult to do that. Management professor Linda Hill is here to the rescue, revealing the tools and tactics highly creative companies use to keep the juices flowing. Watch.
- ‘How great leaders inspire action’It’s been viewed over 25 million times so needless to say if you are a leader or an aspiring leader, you should definitely watch this, multiple times. Simple, powerful and mind blowing, proving it all starts with the question of “why?” Watch.
- ‘8 secrets of success’This is it, these are the real secrets to success. Three minutes of your life that will set you up for success. Watch.
- ‘Want to help someone? Shut up and listen!’Something we are slowly but surely losing the ability to do. This funny and passionate talk urges you to listen and listen deeply to those you want to help. This is something that can and should be applied to communication within the office, especially between managers and employees. Watch.