Valleyfresh Australia, as a part of the Freshmax Group, launched its new Sydney Service and Distribution Centre.
More than 100 attendees celebrated the Grand Opening of what is a ground-breaking facility in the Greater Sydney area.
Based out of Marsden Park, the new Sydney service centre offers:
- 6,500 sqm state-of-the-art purpose-built fresh produce ripening and pre-packing facilities
- 480 pallet space ripening capacity
- 400 pallet cool room capacity
- 2.4 accredited AQIS facility including all clearance and fumigation functions
- Uninterrupted cool chain dynamics, embracing the best technology has to offer
- Strategically located in the West, within proximity to Retailer DC’s
- Designed for maximum performance with safety the foremost driver of design
As well as senior executives from the Freshmax Group, Counsellor Tony Bleasdale (Deputy Mayor – Blacktown City Council) spoke at the event, commending the business, “It is a pleasure to attend the Grand Opening of the new Freshmax Group site at Marsden Park. It is great to see new businesses bringing new jobs to Blacktown, and businesses that are growing. It is a fantastic facility, and one that I look forward to watching flourish within our community.”
Also speaking was Valleyfresh Australia GM, Simon Powell who thanked the wide range of parties that contributed to the project that has taken two and a half years to complete. “It has been a long road, but the partners we have worked with have supported us the whole way. Credit to our staff for their hard work in both delivering and working through this project.”
Speaking of the opportunity this site presents for Freshmax, Group CEO, Murray McCallum said, “This site is the first of its kind and scale in the Sydney area. It sets us up to expand our third-party services offering for the region, whilst continuing to deliver superb service to our national retail partners.”
Industry partners far and wide are encouraged to visit the site, with tours and inspections on offer for the next couple of months. For enquiries relating to tours, please email Mitch Pursehouse (Operations Manager – Sydney) on [email protected].
Source: Get Sydney